Network install failed to start?

Got a question or comment about PowerChurch that doesn't belong anywhere else? Why not post it here!?

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

cmapastorkelvin

Network install failed to start?

Post by cmapastorkelvin »

W:\pcplus9.exe

This application has failed to start because the application configuration is incorrect. Reinstalling the application may fix the problem.

I have already tried reinstalling, and it works on everyother workstation and the server?

Can someone please tell me how to fix this, it's only happening on one workstation that has XP, and it was working fine on that station until a restart?

Thanks,

Kelvin McKnight

Tracy
Program Development
Program Development

Post by Tracy »

Is the mapped drive still mapped after the restart?
Tracy

cmapastorkelvin

Post by cmapastorkelvin »

Thanks tracy for the reply, yes the drive remained mapped.

The problem turned out to be the recent windows updates that I received the day it quit working.

KB888302
KB890047
KB887472
KB891781
KB873333
KB867282
KB888113

James from technical support suggested removing them and see if that fixed the problem. Once I removed them all the problem went away and all is good again.

Thanks,

Kelvin

jeffkoke

Re: Network install failed to start?

Post by jeffkoke »

cmapastorkelvin wrote:W:\pcplus9.exe

This application has failed to start because the application configuration is incorrect. Reinstalling the application may fix the problem.

I have already tried reinstalling, and it works on everyother workstation and the server?
Kelvin,

Have you run the most current version of netsetup9 on the client?

Hope this helps,
Jeff
Jeff
--
Jeff Koke, KK4SN
Great Bridge Church of God
Chesapeake VA
"Every Father should remember that one day his
children will follow his example instead of his advice."

cmungo

Post by cmungo »

Hey everyone, I had this problem on several of my user's machines. I've noticed that removing KB885250 corrects the issue as well

CJonsson

Post by CJonsson »

Thanks for this information. I logged in here just to post about this very problem. You've saved me a lot of headaches.

Jeff
Program Development
Program Development

Post by Jeff »

We have been studying this problem to figure out what changed. Windows Hotfix KB885250 is what is appearing to cause the problem. And it looks like it only effects users where the "server" PowerChurch is running from is a Windows 95, 98, 98se or ME computer. If the "server" computer is Windows 2000 or XP, it looks like PowerChurch is running fine.

From what we see there is only 2 ways to fix this problem. Un-install KB885250 from your XP machine. This may leave your machine vunerable to some security threats. See Microsoft's security bulletin for more information: http://www.microsoft.com/technet/securi ... 5-011.mspx

The second option is to move PowerChurch to a Windows 2000 or XP machine as the "server." In our testing the problem did not surface when running off of these platforms as the server machine.