Reindexing Issue

Got a question or comment about PowerChurch that doesn't belong anywhere else? Why not post it here!?

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

adriennec

Reindexing Issue

Post by adriennec »

Whenever I reindex my accounting file, I consistently get the error message:

WARNING:
The following problems were found in your accounting files.

If you continue to get this warning, please contact technical support.

•Transaction detail key duplicated

What does this error mean, and how can it be corrected?

All other files reindex successfully.
Adrienne C.
Word of Life Family Church
Burlington, NC

Zorak
Tech Support
Tech Support

Post by Zorak »

During the reindex process, we are checking the integrity of the accounting database. This is an issue that we had found, which most likely carried forward from prior versions of PowerChurch Plus. Unfortunately, we will have to fix this problem for you.

To send your accounting data in for repair, simply attach an accounting files backup to an e-mail addressed to data@powerchurch.com.

We will need one to two business days to get your data processed and returned to you. Since you shouldn't work in the Accounting system while we have your data files, pick a time when you will not be in the Accounting system for a couple of days.

You probably haven't noticed any problems related to this and it has probably existed in your data for a number of years, so there isn't any real hurry to get it resolved.

The reindex process is successfully completing, all files actually are being reindexed, but we found a problem in the database which, at some point, will need to be resolved.

Give us a call at (800) 486-1800 if you would like to discuss it with someone.

This is considered a problem in the program, so there won't be any charge, or requirements on Technical Support available for this fix.

adriennec

Post by adriennec »

Will do; thanks!
Adrienne C.
Word of Life Family Church
Burlington, NC