Contribution statements

Contributions, Faith Promises

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

HWessling

Contribution statements

Post by HWessling »

I am trying to print a contribution report that will reflect only donors of a one time gift of $250. I typed that amount on the "All contribution report", but it still didn't select those donors. It selected every donor.

Thanks!

NeilZ

Re: Contribution statements

Post by NeilZ »

HWessling wrote:I am trying to print a contribution report that will reflect only donors of a one time gift of $250. I typed that amount on the "All contribution report", but it still didn't select those donors. It selected every donor.

Thanks!
Yep ... reproducable here !! Seems to be a bug ... !!??
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

beas

Contribution range

Post by beas »

I am seeing the same problem. In trying to print contribution statements for people who gave over a certain amount, I still get all donors.

Has anyone at PowerChurch commented on this?

Thanks.
Bill Beasley
Secretary-Treasurer
Neighborhood Church
Albany, Oregon
User since ~1988

beas

Post by beas »

Follow-up. I am using v9. Haven't seen this problem in previous versions.
Bill Beasley
Secretary-Treasurer
Neighborhood Church
Albany, Oregon
User since ~1988

beas

Post by beas »

I was mistaken. I just tried this with v8.5 and it didn't work there either.
Bill Beasley
Secretary-Treasurer
Neighborhood Church
Albany, Oregon
User since ~1988

tborgal

Post by tborgal »

Try putting a large number into the "people who have given more than" field. I put 100000 in the field and the report works fine. Not sure if this is the way it was designed but it works. I did this in V10.
Tom

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

beas wrote:I was mistaken. I just tried this with v8.5 and it didn't work there either.
Just a quick question ... do you have the latest maintenance release ??
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

tborgal

Post by tborgal »

I checked this in V9 as well with the latest Maint. Release and it works the same way. I could not find anything within the help files that explains this function, but it appears to me that it does both of the options when selected, so if you leave a zero in the PEOPLE WHO GAVE MORE THAN field it lists everyone.
Tom

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

tborgal wrote:I checked this in V9 as well with the latest Maint. Release and it works the same way. I could not find anything within the help files that explains this function, but it appears to me that it does both of the options when selected, so if you leave a zero in the PEOPLE WHO GAVE MORE THAN field it lists everyone.
DOH!!! Its not an 'AND' decision point, its an 'OR'.

The code looks something like this:

Select account if
(
(total amount given is greater than X)
OR (if there is only one entry then (is total amount is greater than Y))
)

Where X is total amount threshold, and Y is one time gift threshold.

Not very precise, but you can get an idea.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

Jeff
Program Development
Program Development

Post by Jeff »

The selections you are refering to are logical "ORs" The IRS requires contribution statements be sent to people who have given more than 250 at one time.

Some churches wanted a way to not send CO statments to someone unless they had given over $500 in a year, but include people who had given once over the $250 threashold. To only print statements to people who gave over $250 set the total to a large number like tborgal suggested.

jordan0109

Generating Contribution Statements...

Post by jordan0109 »

I need to generate statements for people who gave more than $250 last year. We are using V9 and I have loaded the lastest maintenance patch. I still get everyone regardless of whether I tell it to give more all contributors or give me people who gave more than $250. HOW DO I CORRECT THIS?

tborgal

Post by tborgal »

When you select people by amount given be sure to enter the 250 in both fields. If you leave any one of the fields with zero in it you will get all donors.
Tom

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

tborgal wrote:When you select people by amount given be sure to enter the 250 in both fields. If you leave any one of the fields with zero in it you will get all donors.
And the reason for this is shown in my pseudocode post above.

If you only enter 250, and leave the other at zero, the system will see the choices as this:

Select account if
(
(total amount given is greater than 0)
OR (if there is only one entry then (is total amount is greater than250))
)

In this case, the system will pull everyone based on the first filter, not the second. If you put 250 in each location, the system will ignore anyone below 250 based on the first filter and pull everyone (no matter if its one gift or multiples) with totals over 250 as the second half of the logical OR will not even be triggered.

If you would like to pull people with totals over say, 1000, and one time givers of 500, the first half of the OR would bypass anyone with totals under 1000, but then verify that if that person only gave one-time, is it over 500, if so, include for print.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

tborgal

Post by tborgal »

In the process of playing with this to see just how it works I found an interesting problem within my database. I have two envelope numbers with no contributions posted against them that came out on a 2006 report with $50 in both fields. As I researched this I found that one of the non-contributors is printed until I request givers of a one time gift over $76 and the other over $101. Neither show any activity for 2006 yet they both come out with no giving showing on the statement. I noticed this when I did the year end statements but shrugged it off as something I must have done when selecting the giving range. I then thought it might have been something with the data transfer when I upgraded to V10 so I checked V9 and got the same result with one of them but not the other. I am a little confused by this. I did check to see if they come out on a 2007 report and they do not, so it has something to do with last year. Any ideas as to why this might be happening? I am running V10 with latest Maint. Release.
Tom

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

tborgal wrote:In the process of playing with this to see just how it works I found an interesting problem within my database. I have two envelope numbers with no contributions posted against them that came out on a 2006 report with $50 in both fields. As I researched this I found that one of the non-contributors is printed until I request givers of a one time gift over $76 and the other over $101. Neither show any activity for 2006 yet they both come out with no giving showing on the statement. I noticed this when I did the year end statements but shrugged it off as something I must have done when selecting the giving range. I then thought it might have been something with the data transfer when I upgraded to V10 so I checked V9 and got the same result with one of them but not the other. I am a little confused by this. I did check to see if they come out on a 2007 report and they do not, so it has something to do with last year. Any ideas as to why this might be happening? I am running V10 with latest Maint. Release.
Weird ... did you do a reindex prior to the conversion ?? Have you done a reindex to the v9.0 database then checked again ??

Sounds like there may be some phantom records about .. ;)
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.