Updated to PCP10 - No Photos During Conversion

Family Mailing List, Personal Profiles, Activities and Skills, Attendance, Visitations

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

RevWJones

Updated to PCP10 - No Photos During Conversion

Post by RevWJones »

We just updated to version 10. Followed the posted process in the version 10 manual. None of the photos are linked to any profiles. However, there are small number of our photos (appears to be random) that are located in the PCPLUS10\DATA\PICTURES folder. Anyone else experienced this issue? I have established contact with PCP Tech Support and am awaiting their response.

Thanks for any assistance anyone might have available.

Signed,
No-faces-with-the-names :-)

RevWJones

Post by RevWJones »

Just spoke to tech support and they will need to look at my data. However, they had me to reindex/re-convert. No photos. Then they had me copy my pictures from v9 to v10 and since PCP's profiles only lists the photo file name in this particular folder, this solved the problem. But for some reason those files are not being xferred during the conversion. All family photos that we've put in to v9 were transferred to v10.

RevWJones

Post by RevWJones »

PC identified the source of the problem and has corrected it. This resolution will be included with the first maintenance release of v10. The immediate fix is to simply copy your v9 pictures folder contents to your v10 pictures folder Since PCP Profiles only contain the photo name in the format of ######.jpg, for example, when the pictures are restored, your profiles will be updated immediately.

Zorak
Tech Support
Tech Support

Post by Zorak »

Thanks for the info!

We have gotten the program updated to properly bring Personal Profiles pictures over in the conversion.

As RWJ mentioned before, a quick fix is to copy all the pictures from your prior version's data/pictures folder into the new version 10 data/pictures folder.

Any sales of version 10 from here on out will not have this problem!