Canadian Receipt for a donation from a church

Contributions, Faith Promises

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

PattiD

Canadian Receipt for a donation from a church

Post by PattiD »

We are a parachurch organization in Canada. When I print off Contribution Statements for churches and the like, I uncheck the box indicating that it is for tax purposes. When I do that, the registration number, "Official Receipt for Income Tax Purposes", authorized officer info, and the CRA website disappears. We need the "Official Receipt for Income Tax Purposes" to disappear, but we need the Registration # to stay. What should I be doing to achieve that? I'm sure that I am missing something obvious. :)

NeilZ

Re: Canadian Receipt for a donation from a church

Post by NeilZ »

PattiD wrote:
Tue Apr 30, 2024 5:27 pm
We are a parachurch organization in Canada. When I print off Contribution Statements for churches and the like, I uncheck the box indicating that it is for tax purposes. When I do that, the registration number, "Official Receipt for Income Tax Purposes", authorized officer info, and the CRA website disappears. We need the "Official Receipt for Income Tax Purposes" to disappear, but we need the Registration # to stay. What should I be doing to achieve that? I'm sure that I am missing something obvious. :)
You may need to add that information in the "Do You Want To Print A Message" step when printing the statements. I'm assuming that it does not need to follow the standard CRA format, so adding that in that block will take care of it.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.