Any thoughts on why Maps do not launch?

Family Mailing List, Personal Profiles, Activities and Skills, Attendance, Visitations

Moderators: Moderators, Tech Support

chucksings

Any thoughts on why Maps do not launch?

Post by chucksings »

When I click the Map button next to the address nothing happens.

I have tried this with all the options (Google, Bing, Yahoo, Mapquest) and still get nothing.

I have a live connection to the Internet, have tried it with Firewall both Off and On.

I have PC Online --- I believe current release.

Thanks

NeilZ

Re: Any thoughts on why Maps do not launch?

Post by NeilZ »

chucksings wrote:When I click the Map button next to the address nothing happens.

I have tried this with all the options (Google, Bing, Yahoo, Mapquest) and still get nothing.

I have a live connection to the Internet, have tried it with Firewall both Off and On.

I have PC Online --- I believe current release.

Thanks
FWIW ... since you use PC Online, this should have been listed under the PC Online forum.

That said, here's a shot in the dark ...
Remember, you're actually running Powerchurch as a remote client (like GoToMyPC) on a server. It may not have user permissions to access the Internet.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

chucksings

Post by chucksings »

So regardless of the nature of the question (Membership, Contributions, Events) --- if we are using PC Online all questions should be posted there?

In any case --- I replicated this problem on another machine. I will attempt on a third next week to see if it is local.

Thanks

chucksings

Post by chucksings »

Well I am unable to get this feature to work now on three computers.

Thanks for any leads ----

Chuck

NeilZ

Post by NeilZ »

chucksings wrote:So regardless of the nature of the question (Membership, Contributions, Events) --- if we are using PC Online all questions should be posted there?

In any case --- I replicated this problem on another machine. I will attempt on a third next week to see if it is local.

Thanks
Basically, that is correct, due to the fact that PC Online adds a level of interfacing that regular users don't have.

FWIW ... since PC Online is a 'hosted' program, no matter where you try it, it probably won't work.
Neil Zampella

Using PC+ since 1999.

Zorak
Tech Support
Tech Support

Post by Zorak »

This is a feature that works fine in PowerChurch Online, there is something specific on these workstations that is not installed properly. I just ran through it and it launched fine for me when I clicked the Map button on a family in the PC Online demo.

There are two files that are installed as part of the IDS Client, which handle document redirection and all the other redirection (clicking a mail link, web link, etc.). The "redirection" is taking a call for action on the server and transferring it to your local computer for the action to be taken.

Make sure you have both of the following files:
IdsRCli.exe
IdsRdCli.exe
In both of the following directories on your computer (just copy from one to the other):
C:\Program Files\IDS LLC\IDS Client\
C:\Windows\

chucksings

Post by chucksings »

That was the ticket.

Thanks